Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Madison Shushes Breast & Baby Haters

So, Wisconsin is on the verge of joining 14 other states that restrict speech in order to shield moms from possibly hearing even gentle criticism of their breast feeding manner. I think there are legitimate gripes that can be made against this bill, but I'm afraid that if I criticize the boobs & babies in Madison, I'll be slapped with a $200 fine, too.

Update
I've been informed that the original language, which said "no person may interfere with," was changed to "no person may prohibit." So if a woman is being wildly indiscreet about feeding, you may still say something to her without being at risk of a $200 fine. The property rights issues are still there, but the speech issues are not.

Carry on with your double entendres in the comments.