Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Friday, April 11, 2008

McCain’s age?

McCain’s old, and voters might not like it.

This is the first I’ve heard of this "issue," although I'm wondering why I hadn't thought of it earlier. If the Democrats are willing to throw down on each other over race and gender, for sure they'll go after McCain on age.

He’s 72. If elected, he’ll be the oldest ever sworn into the office.

Bonus prediction: expect his military record to be smeared, too.

But that's not why I'm posting this. I have to share this with you, from DNC Chair Howard Dean:

While knocking McCain's "old-fashioned" views, Dean maintained that the Democratic Party was unlikely to invoke McCain's age in the fall campaign.

"I doubt we will bring it up in the election," said Dean, referring to the age issue. "There is somewhat of a higher ethical bar on what we do."
Oh, man, that guy cracks me up.

Hat tip Althouse