Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thursday, April 10, 2008

How much of this crap do we have to put up with?

If Green Bay Packers were in need, Brett Favre might think twice about retirement

GULFPORT, Miss. (AP)—If the Green Bay Packers are ravaged by injuries this season, Brett Favre might consider returning should the team reach out to him.

“It would be hard to pass up, I guess,” he told the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun Herald. “But three months from now, say that presents itself, I may say, you know what, I’m so glad I made that decision. I’m feel very comfortable in what I’m doing and my decision.

“Yeah, I can probably be up there doing that and playing, but again, I don’t know. It’s only speculating. I think the world of that team. I had a lot of fun, not only this year, but over my career.”
You know how this story happened? Here’s how this story happened:

Reporter: “Brett, would you say you’d never, ever, under any circumstances return to the NFL?”

Brett: “Well, no, I don’t think I’d say that.”

Headline: “Favre may return to NFL!!!!!”

Here are some other things that might happen, under the right circumstances: I might use a ladies’ room. I might vote Democrat. I might take a second job cleaning taxi cabs at night. I might willingly spend good money on a case of Bud Light and actually drink it.

I doubt it, but I can’t conclusively rule it out.

That's how this story happened.

On the bright side, I get an excuse to run another picture.