Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Democrats and the recent financial unpleasantness

I call it "unpleasantness," you understand, because it is unpleasant, and because I think the word "crisis" is overused.

Anyway. There was a letter to the editor in my local paper today (not online, unfortunately) in which the writer made the claim that Democrats aren't to blame for all the Freddie-Fannie-bailout mess.

I'd never attempt to make a similar case about Republicans - I'm sure there's plenty of blame to go around. I simply wonder how Democrats and their supporters can ignore stuff like this:



Blame deregulation and the Fed's cheap money and Republicans' love for business if you want, but don't be blind about your own side's complicity.

Several blogs have posted that video, but I saw it first at Backyard Conservative, to whom I've been linking a lot, lately.