Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Saturday, October 04, 2008

A few pictures

I was in New Lisbon Friday, lit dropping for Ed Brooks. Brooks is running to replace Rep. Sheryl Albers in the 50th Assembly District, and since that's got a big chunk of Sauk County in it, I'd prefer it stay Republican.

Anyway, New Lisbon's population is just over 1400, so we lit dropped just about the whole place. You forget just how tiring walking can be until you spend a few hours doing it.

I was surprised by the very small number of yard signs. We're fighting over Baraboo like it's the city of Osgiliath or something (except our side doesn't have any cave trolls). But in New Lisbon, there was very little sign that an election is ongoing.

Still, I hadn't seen one of these before:


I hadn't seen one of these in a long time, either:


This is where we ate lunch:


Best cheeseburger I've had in a long time. A place across the street had a sign touting domestic beer for $1 during Packer, Brewer, and Badger games.

It was homecoming:


We left town just before the parade started. Turns out that, yes, they won the game.