Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Has anybody filled out their brackets yet?

I always feel like I'm guessing, no matter what I do.

Last year, I did a little historical research:

14 of the past 16 champions have been either a 1- or 2-seed.
You can make that 15 of 17, after last year.

But:

Since 1979, at least one No. 3 or higher seed has made it to the Final Four.
Make that "from 1979 to 2006." Only ones and twos made the Final Four last year.

And:

Since 1997, 12 No. 10 seeds have made it to the Sweet Sixteen.
The highest seed to make the Sweet Sixteen last year was a 7. The highest in the Elite Eight was a 3. Last year, picking the cinderellas got you clobbered.

So. So much for history. Anybody got any advice?

I've already got Wisconsin, Purdue, and Indiana in the Final Four. What do you think: Michigan St. or Marquette for that final slot?