Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Derby Day

If you have 3 minutes to spare today, you can watch the Kentucky Derby.

Our family loves the Derby; we all have our picks (no money actually changes hands, mind you), and cheer our horses on.

I usually pick my horse because I like the name or the colors of the silks (stop laughing, guys), though I admit that I often seem to prefer the names of the horses with the best odds. Fortunately, this year there's no horse with "Gold" in the name, though there is a "Coin Silver".

Mark Belling really gets into the Derby, and at least once previously was a co-owner of a horse. You can see his picks here.

Post time is 4:00 p.m. Don't blink or you'll miss it.

And make sure you have your mint juleps ready! I'm posting about the process of making the traditional Derby drink over at my home blog, if you want to join in the virtual party.