Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Some highlights of tonight's lineup

Don't wait up, it's gonna be a late one. Programming starts at 6 tonight. Here are some of the highlights:

8 p.m. to 9 p.m.
  • Speaker: GOPAC Chairman Michael Steele
  • Speaker: Former Gov. Mitt Romney (Mass.)
  • Speaker: Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (Ark.)
9 p.m. to 10 p.m.
  • Speaker: Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani (N.Y.)
  • Speaker: Gov. Linda Lingle (Hawaii)
  • Video: Sarah Palin
  • Speaker: Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin
10 p.m. to Conclusion
  • Roll Call
The roll call is the part where every state takes forever telling us how great they are before they cast their votes for the nominee.

Prediction: New Jersey will not yield the floor to Illinois. Illinois will not yield the floor to New York. New York will not move to stop the voting and nominate McCain by acclimation.

But the New York delegation will mention Brett Favre during their speech.

UPDATE - I'm already getting excerpts of some of the speeches in my Inbox. According to this, Mike Huckabee is going to say:

"I'm not a Republican because I grew up rich, but because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life poor, waiting for the government to rescue me."
I'm not entirely sure I was supposed to tell you that, so: shhhhh.

Labels: