Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, September 01, 2008

I guess the speeches are back on?

First Lady Laura Bush is speaking right now. I'm gonna pause and listen, so video will take a little longer.

UPDATE - Bush and Cindy McCain both spoke. It was, for the most part, a call to come together as Americans in tough times, and a plug for various charities for Gulf Coast areas. They also broke away to governors of Gulf Coast states and other emergency management types.

Sorry I'm not more detailed. I'm trying to edit video, here.

Anyway, yesterday the general thought was that Gustav would ruin the convention, or at least steal away all the media attention. I'm not sure how the rest of America is seeing it, but seems like the Republicans are doing a good job of making lemondade out of this.

Side note: ever notice how many metaphors use hurricane-related references? I went through "suck the air out of," "dampen," and "wash away" the media attention before I finally landed on "steal."

Labels: