Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, September 01, 2008

I felt very safe.

There was a big anti-war protest march this afternoon from the State Capitol (not too far away), down Cedar St. to a small park near the Xcel Center. Your intrepid blogger was there.

Stay with me, now, I’m posting this stuff as I get it ready. First, a few police shots: I crossed against the light right in front of this:



Please note that I didn’t realize I was doing it at the time. There was a much larger contingent down the street:



Looks like the guy in front of me is taking a picture, too, doesn’t it?

At one point, this group of officers started pulling on gas masks. As a matter of policy, I walk away from people engaged in that particlar activity. So that's what I did. Thankfully, they stopped and removed them shortly after.

Mounties!



Police presence was, as you can see, impressive.

Next: protesters!

Labels: