Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Okay, so I’m just about ready…

…for my trip to the Republican National Convention next week.

And when I post my first post from Saint Paul, I’ll be standing on the shoulders of friends. That could be kinda awkward, since one of them is a lot taller than the other, but luckily I’m not being quite that literal. My friend Mary Jan has generously loaned me her laptop computer, and my friend Ellen has generously loaned me her modem card. My ability to blog while in Saint Paul would’ve been severely limited without the two of them.

I don’t know whether they wanted their names out on the internet like this, but I want to thank them publicly (thank you!), so I’m compromising by not including their last names.

I’ve also purchased a Flip Ultra camcorder – itty bitty thing, but boy it takes good video for the size and price (purchased on Todd Lohenry's advice - thanks Todd). I’m pleased. And I’ve found a free (the perfect price!) online video editor, and a free audio recorder and editor. Haven’t had time to become expert at either of them, but I’ll be able to bring you first-hand – if amateur – looks at all the various goings-on in Saint Paul.

All that’s left to do now is to pack, make a whole bunch of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and I’m off!

As of now, I’m only aware of Christian Schneider, Sean Hackbarth, and Owen Robinson among Wisconsin bloggers planning to attend. Are there any others out there? And what do you suppose the odds are we’ll all find ourselves in the same place at the same time? And if we do, what are the odds the top of my head will be cut off in the inevitable picture?