Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Saturday, October 13, 2007

RE: A BBA Member's Only Poll

I'd have to pick C. Tommy doesn't sway me, but I have considered that Rudy may be my candidate.

As you may know, I tend to lean Libertarian. I mentioned on the podcast a few times that the Republican party has been driving me up a wall. They seem perfectly willing and able to fight the good fight on social issues like abortion, birth control, and gay marriage. But, they're not stepping up to the plate on the things I actually care about, like taxes and spending. On those issues, they've passed a couple bills and then said "oh well, at least we tried. How about a gay marriage ban instead?"

My opinions on abortion and gay marriage are not strong, regardless of what you may have heard me say on the podcast. I care about the way the government spends my money! I'm looking for a candidate whose priorities are more in line with mine, and Rudy's soft stance on abortion probably makes him that guy.

Labels: ,