Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The flag and 9/11/07

I had to run some errands today, and I noticed that some places had their flags at half-staff (UW Whitewater), and others had them flying proud and high (Whitewater VFW). I was wondering what the proper flag position was for the day. WKOW says it was half-mass.

Many of the flags that fly outside Wisconsin government and private buildings flew at half-staff today because of an order Governor Doyle issued to honor the victims of 9/11.

But 27 News found many flags - at city and even state office buildings - flying at full-staff.

I am surprised the VFW was at full-mass if that was the case, though. Anyone out there that knows a little more about flag etiquette than I who can shed some light on this?