Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

RE: Wisconsin's building tax frustration

I try to do my part for the party, and for the last few months, I've been helping out with voter identification phone calls. The first question we ask regards taxes, whether they are too high and need to be cut, or if they should be raised to fund more state programs.

Regardless of the respondent's degree of liberalism or conservatism on the other questions, regardless if they tell me they always vote Democrat or Republican, 95% of the time, they tell me that taxes are way too high, and must be cut. Usually, they seem a little incredulous that we even ask, as if we should know taxes are too high for everyone.

The "simmering frustration and anger" that Jib's acquaintance feels is mirrored by most of the people in the state sick of seeing taxes increase, year after year. I hope that politicians who have been fiscally irresponsible feel the brunt of that anger at the polls.