Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Where I wish I could be this weekend:

At the Bayfield Apple Festival.

So if you have the time to drive up to Bayfield, one of the most beautiful spots in this whole beautiful state, definitely make the trip.

And when you get there, be sure to say hello to our friends the Olsens, owners of the Bayfield Apple Company.

Here's a page with a photo of the Bayfield Apple Company's stand at last year's Apple Festival. They have a fantastic apple cider (really good on hot days when partially frozen to a slush, and good on cold days heated up with cinnamon), plus currant jelly, raspberry jam, apple mustard... the list goes on, but those are my favorites.

And on top of all that, they are just the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. They'll give you a warm welcome if you stop by.

Disclaimer: This is a shameless plug for our friends, but I get absolutely no compensation for it. No blogola here. I just get the satisfaction of posting about one of my favorite places in the whole world, hoping somebody else will also enjoy it.