Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Friday, October 07, 2005

Yard sign experiment

Since I have been noticing Jim Dwyer yard signs all over Waukesha County. I believe I can finally run an experiment I have always wanted to do.

First let me state I am a Vrakas supporter total discloser here. But I find it hard to believe a man supported by WEAC and Diamond Jim Doyle can win a county wide election in "Red" Waukesha. But if you judged support only by yard signs(which is a fools errand)you would think Dwyer was going to win in a landslide.

But there is catch to Yard signs and their placement. I would have to say a large number of Mr Dwyers signs are in what you could call "right of ways" ie at the corners of city blocks or in mediums etc etc. This not to say you don't see his yard signs in peoples yards. I have a big yard sign and 4'x8' sign fetish I picked up when working as a Vol for Tim Michels senate campaign so I pay attention to where and how many signs I see(wouldn't you just want to hangout with a wildman like GB lol)

So I figure this is a golden opportunity to see if the volume of yard signs points to the final results. My hypothesis is that they are no real indicator of support so I thought I would share this with everyone so we could all play along.

Right or Wrong we will know the answer on October 18th

So those of you who live in or work in Wonderful Waukesha County play along and let me know whose signs you see more of and put it in the comments.

Regards,
GBfan

Cross posted at SH