Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sunday, March 01, 2009

President Obama is making me rich!

That's right: rich! Wealthy! Cigars, fine brandies, a seven-figure second home in a hurricane zone or flood plain so the feds can pick up the tab for me whenever disaster hits. That's what my future holds, under the Obama administration!

How stupid was I not to vote for this guy?

And all it took for me to figure this out: doing my taxes yesterday. Me and the wife. Figured them out yesterday afternoon.

As usual, having four kids and a mortgage, our tax liability is extremely low. God bless those little tax deductions!

But: come 2010 (or 2011 - I'm not sure), the Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 are going to expire. That will cut those child tax credits right in half, meaning my tax liability – and that of every family with children – will grow.

And that means...well, we must be rich. Right? Because President Obama wouldn't raise taxes on a middle class family. Only on the rich. The rich. The very rich.

Like…um…me?