Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This is the first time I have ever been proud of my country...

Sniffle... Sniffle...

This is the first time I have ever been proud of my country-

John McCain has overtaken Barack Obama in the presidential race, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released Wednesday morning.


Frankly, I am not surprised. The more that people get to know Obama the worse his poll numbers get.

Perhaps most startlingly to Democrats, Reuters/Zogby measures that McCain is seen as the better manager of the economy, by a margin of 49 percent to 40 percent over Obama. In that poll half of voters cited the economy as the most important issue, as other surveys have as well.


I know the liberals believe that the drilling debate is helping them. As long as they can continue to blame the oil companies instead of their own policies, they feel they can win this with the American people. That is a bunch of hooey.

The idea that we have oil in ground, right here in the US, that the government will not allow us to drill, is infuriating to most Americans.

PS. I am being factious when it comes to this being the first time I have been proud of my country. See Michelle Obama for an explanation.

Labels: ,