Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The George W. Bush Sewage Treatment Plant

I thought the same thing as Elliot when I saw this story:

Maybe they don’t understand how a sewage treatment facility works?
A California group submitted a proposal Monday to rename a sewage treatment plant after President Bush, calling the initiative a fitting tribute to the outgoing chief executive and the “mess” he’ll leave behind.
A sewage treatment facility doesn’t create a mess, it takes other people’s crap and turns it into something positive (clean water and often fertilizer).

Viewed in that light, I think this group is paying George Bush an unintentional compliment.
If I were Bush, I’d show up at the dedication with my own pair of scissors. Because, you know, who knows where theirs have been?