Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Packers give UW-Whitewater star a tryout

Green Bay - Almost every number running back Justin Beaver put up compares favorably with the likes of NFL first-round draft choices Darren McFadden, Jonathan Stewart and Rashard Mendenhall.

…The Green Bay Packers are going to give him a chance, however. They did not sign him to a free-agent contract, but they invited him to their rookie minicamp this weekend for a tryout.

As far as Beaver is concerned, all he needs is a chance.

"I definitely think this is a good situation," said the 191-pound Beaver, a Division III All-American who rushed for 2,455 yards last season. "They didn't draft a running back. I said this is just a chance to go there and give everything I got. If I don't get it done, I'll know I did everything I could."
Beaver carried the ball 31 times for 249 yards and a touchdown in the Division III championship game last year.

The Packers have also signed a bunch of rookie free agents. Here’s the list.