Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, April 28, 2008

In my inbox

A Department of Water representative stopped at a ranch and talked with an old rancher. He told the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for your water allocation." The old rancher said, "Okay, but don't go in that field over there."

The water representative said, "Mister, I have the authority of Federal Government with me. See this card? The card means I am allowed to go WHEREVER I WISH on any agricultural land. No questions asked or answered. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand?"

The old rancher nodded politely and went about his chores. Later, the old rancher heard loud screams and saw the man running for the fence. Close behind was the rancher's bull, gaining on him with every step. The man was clearly terrified, so the old rancher immediately threw down his tools, ran to the fence, and shouted out....."Your card! Your card! Show him your card!"