Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Friday, March 28, 2008

Again One Day Early

Since tomorrow I will be carving up Ski Brule like it was a Thanksgiving Day turkey I once again present Saturday's music one day early.

Another group I have seen personally, this time at InterContinental Hotel in Al-Ain, UAE. This time this group is more jazz than anything, but they do play some classical pieces.

Today's featured music is performed by Rhythm and Brass a group of five horn players and one percussionist. Some years ago they toured the Middle East paying homage to Duke Ellington. I remember the show and it was very good, the instruments they cold mimic with just their horns was amazing.

Anyway I found a You Tube video featuring Rhythm and Brass and it contains a sampler of their work and at least two arrangements you may recognize:


What pieces do you recognize?

Labels: ,