Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Re: "We leave the paws on so people know they're getting a raccoon, not somebody's house cat"

Hehehehe,

With fancy eating places in New York City serving up insects I would hardly think raccoons would be out of bounds. However, I advise that you cook the meat of omnivores and carnivores to a temperature of at least 165° F and possibly even hotter.

How many here are okay with lamb & mutton, let alone raccoons? The funkiest meat I have had (and know of) is probably turtle & I guess by the reaction of my fellow diners that one day, squid (I have had prepared in ways other than calamari). Perhaps I have had some fido too, but no one mentioned it to me. I am certain I have had goat and camel as well.

Bon Appétit!

Labels: ,