Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sunday, December 02, 2007

You might be living in Wisconsin if...

...your Christmas Parade gets wiped out by a massive snow storm! ;-)

Things were going great in Algoma this weekend; storytelling with Mrs. Claus at the library was delightful (although I may have enjoyed it more than the kids who were there). Cookies and Milk with Santa hosted by the Optimist Club was wonderful as was the 'Salute to Sausages' breakfast put on by the Farm Market Kitchen, although 'Death by Sausage' might be a better name for next year -- the wide variety of sausages was like dying and going to heaven...

Things started to go south mid-afternoon, though, when the flakes started to fall. Despite the ominous drifts, we piled the family in the van and braved the conditions only to find out the Christmas Parade had been cancelled. Rightly so -- downtown Algoma looked more like Ice Station Zebra with 25+ mph winds blowing off the lake. I would have shot some video with my smartphone, but my wife doesn't like it when I film and drive, especially in a storm. Then there's always Senator Lasee as well...

Oh, well -- I guess it's to be expected. I just can't get over the irony of having the Christmas Parade being wiped out by a snow storm! ;-)