Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Friday, August 03, 2007

Just a little anecdote

Working at the Capitol, I sometimes see people wandering semi-aimlessly, like they're looking for something, but aren't sure where it is.

Not uncommon. The Capitol is a confusing place in more ways than one.

Today, I ran into a small group looking for Rep. Jim Krueser's office. They'd been told it was on the second floor.

"One more floor up," I told them. They were surprised, having already come up one flight of stairs.

See, at the Capitol, what you and I would call the first floor is actually the ground floor. What we would call the second floor is the first floor.

Just a fun little thing I get to explain to people sometimes, who came to find out how their government works.

And with that, I'm on vacation. Man the battlements, people! The barbarians close in all around us!