Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Friday, March 31, 2006

Re: Ann Althouse on South Park

Lance,

I heartily suggest you take up the viewing of South Park. I don't make it a regular view (as I do with Special Report with Brit Hume), but I will not turn it off if I happen to flick through it.

When you cut through the juvenile potty-humor usually there is something a good conservative can feel good about. Granted, sometimes the show is just about potty-humor and from time to time they veer off of the conservative camp.

After the 2000 recount rumble they had an episode where Ike's kindergarten class got into a similar fiasco. Ike had won the count (for the vote for class president) and the countless recounts but Rosie O'Donnell's nephew refused to concede and him and Rosie demanded recount after recount (of total 9 or so votes cast). Well, another concurrent plot was one of the boy's trapper-keeper portfolio grew into this hideous monster eating up everything in its path (or some sort of monster threatened Southpark) and it swallowed down Rosie. The monster barfed Rosie up and died!

There is the Epic of Lemmiwinks episode too which is great but I will not go into here.