Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Friday, March 31, 2006

Ann Althouse on South Park

No, I don't mean she'll be appearing on the show (although boy would I tune in for that). Hers was the third major blog on which I read about the latest episode of South Park - the one about hybrid cars producing huge clouds of "smug."

Is driving your hybrid car causing you to talk with your eyes closed? The new "South Park" episode -- "Smug Alert" -- had lots of great details. I loved George Clooney's Oscar speech as a cloud of smugness that became part of a weather system, leading to a Perfect Storm. But my favorite thing on the show was the depiction of the San Francisco kids, who had such a precise reason for feeling aggrieved.
Makes me wonder: am I missing something important by not watching South Park? But if I start watching South Park, aren't I just contributing to the slow rotting of our society, not to mention my own brain?

But that can't be possible, right? I mean, Ann Althouse is watching it.