Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, February 06, 2006

RE: Super Bowl Commercials

Lance,

I partially agree with you on the football playing Clydesdales going to the ad retirement home, but the image of that breed of horse is so connected to that company, you might as well strip Ronald McDonald and Mr. Clean from their respective companies while you're at it.

There's a certain quality to corporate images that make them special. They become familiar to us over time, part of the popular culture, and much, much more I could say, but I don't have 4 years of college I want to relive.

(Okay, certain parts I wouldn't mind reliving.)

Should the football playing horse go? I don't think so. They're relatively harmless, and much less annoying then other things Misters Anheuser and Busch have given America.

"WAZZUP?" comes to mind.

The truth is things will get old in Advertising when things gets old. There is no set shelf life for a good image, and horse playing football is a good image.

Until then, "I must be in the front row."