Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, February 27, 2006

A Bleg: Adware or NetZero?

Greetings,

Yesterday The Empress and I were at a friend's house for dinner. I was surfing around with him and visited some of my archives at Blogger Beer. When I was reading them, something was inserting advertisements into my text. For example one word it seemed particularly drawn too was national. Every occurrence of national in that monthly archive was linked to some sort of advertisement.

Needless to say I am generating value for someone else and I have a problem with that.

My buddy uses NetZero to access the Internet. So I have a bleg for the audience here.

What is stealing my intellectual property? Adware on my buddy's system or NetZero? Is there way I can stop that by placing appropriate code in my template (akin to directives to Google not to store a Usenet posting past a given amount of time)? Or would I have to ask the company to stop it and possibly carry out legal action?

Thanks in advance.