Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, February 27, 2006

Re: Radio "Ad" Rips Green on Ethanol

I was a farmer too!

From third grade to the end of my college days! Hehehe, in nickname only!

My real surname (sorry to disappoint but my real name is NOT Marcus Aurelius) is not common and somewhat resembles farmer. So, some upper classman (a third grader conducting a Punt, pass, and Kick trial) said I can't pronounce your name and it looks like farmer so that is what I'll call you. It stuck through the rest of my grade school years and high school and followed me to college.

I met a shirt-tail relative in college who knew some people with my same surname and he had a laugh about it as well since one of those people was called farmer for the same reason.

After college though the only time I hear farmer is when talking with old classmates from grade school, high school, and college.