Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Appleton Smoking Ban Update.

Appleton's smoking ban will have to wait until April to be reconsidered by the voters. The city council did not approve a special election for the issue. I am not too concerned about that.

What does have me worried though is the Appleton Tavern League's president views a statewide ban as a possibility to solve their problem, to "level the playing field". Thank you sir! May I have another!

People have told me there is a pickup in business around those municipalities surrounding Appleton without a ban, but I can not believe a statewide ban would make it better. Here are the choices, a smoker can stay at home, have their beers, and smoke their smokes without hassle. Why go to a bar and pay more for the drinks? Invite some friends over and play poker or something similar.