Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

School Board in Disarray

Take a look over at OnTheBorderline for an example of a school board in disarray. And this is when they are on the heels of a proposed school referendum in the amount of $90 Million dollars.

See Breaking News From New Richmond

Some wonder why folks over here hit the local politics so hard. It's because it's the one area where I think people have the most influence for the bang. That is 1/2 of my property taxes and 100% of my state income tax pay for education in Wisconsin through each district. In the case of my district, when a district does not get the 66% from the state it is because it is shared by the districts with less assessed values and income. I am in effect subsidizing other districts in the state. I do have a stake in other districts and will not stand for taxation without representation. I am interested in your district. In New Richmond they want to spend $90 Million dollars.

In the state of Wisconsin the last 10 years total dollars used in the construction of new schools is $5,000,000,000 dollars. Yet we have no more students today than we had 10 years ago. For the kids..or for WEAC ?