Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Open Letter to Rick Graber

Today at the GB household we received our "2 month pledge of support" letter. This is from the State GOP. They were asking for $200.00 a month for 2 months for a grand total of $400.00.

I said, damn $400.00 dollars that's a heck of a lot of money to give to a political party that doesn't give a rats butt what I think is right or wrong. This is not one of my usual tongue in cheek posts I mean this. What is the reason you give money to a political party to "buy" a voice in the discussion. I don't believe the conservative voice is heard by the state party. Or if they hear it they feel safe ignoring it "because where the hell are the conservatives going to go"?

This letter did a great job of telling me why governor Doyle and Senator Kohl have to go. What it didn't talk to me about, is am I being represented by Sen Shultz, Sen Ellis or Sen Lazitch? Why do I still have to suffer an automatic increase in the gas tax, When the so called friends of the taxpayers are writing the budget. Speaking of the Budget do you think the job the State GOP did on that is worth another $400.00 of my money.

I know here comes the if you don't give us the money Governor Doyle will get reelected. Well my answer to that is if I give you the money he still may with you all running the show.

Here is my final thought for the State GOP as a "buyer" wouldn't my money be better spent giving it to Scott Walker(I make no bones I am a Walker supporter) at least he has a track record of trying to follow the Conservative path. Or if I was a Mark Green supporter wouldn't I be better off giving that money directly to him.

I am trying to make sure this isn't a rant. I am looking at this in a cold business sense. Where am I going to get the biggest bang for my Buck and it isn't with the State GOP

So next time they ask "where the heck can the Conservatives go?" know this there are places and we are starting to find them.

regards
GBfan