Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Favre speaks his mind on Javon Walker

One of the reasons Wisconsin loves Brett Favre is that when he speaks his mind, his voice usually echoes that of the fans. To wit, Favre on Walker:
“If Javon wants to know what his quarterback thinks, and I would think he might, I’d tell him he’s going about this the wrong way,” Favre said. “When his agent tells him not to worry about what his teammates think and all that stuff, I’d tell him I’ve been around a long time and that stuff will come back to haunt you.”
---------------------------
“Nowadays you’re seeing more and more guys pulling that stunt,” he said. “If guys continue to do that and are successful getting away with it, then I’ll be gone, but I think the game will be ruined. My reaction to Javon’s situation was ‘Here we go again.’

One could tell Favre was a different kind of professional athlete when he spoke up when the then team star Sterling Sharpe tried to hold the Packers up the day before a Vikings game. He hasn't changed much over the years.