Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, May 02, 2005

Milwaukee's Brewer vs. Imus

Many of us who live in the southeast corner of this state remember former TMJ4 reporter Contessa Brewer. Brewer's stay in Milwaukee was pretty non-descript as I remember it, but NBC found something in her and brought her to New York. One of her jobs since she has gone to New York has been to read the news on the Don Imus show. It appears Brewer and Imus didn't exactly get on like peas and carrots. After Brewer called Imus a "cantankerous old fool" in the New York gossip pages, Imus pretty much proved her right (HT Michelle Malkin):
"That skank has to spend three hours with makeup in the morning ... Who's she kidding? . . . Plus, she's dumber than dirt ... Oh, my God, what a pig. But I was willing to cut her some slack and not say anything, you know, until - in fact, I didn't say anything . . . That's why they have those big double-doors there at MSNBC, you know, so they can get her fat ass in makeup."
I don't remember too much about Contessa Brewer outside of the fact that she was quite telegenic, so I'm not going to praise her too much. I will say that I enjoy it whenever anyone gets under Imus's skin, and even more so when it is a product of Wisconsin. So Contessa, I toast you with my Leinie's Light.