Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thursday, February 12, 2009

What Is The Over/Under on...

The days to the appearance of the first 419 Scam notes relating to the stimulus? Have you received any yet? I have seen TV shows on the 419 scam and just read through the Wiki entry. Incredible, according to an estimate on the Wiki a good 419 scam operator can get a success rate of .1% to .2%.

=======================================================================
Dear Sir,

My name is Alex Snead and I work in the US Treasury. I have secretly appropriated $1.2 billion dollars from the stimulus plan and if you will help me arrange for it to be secreted out of the US government accounts I will let you keep $250 billion. All you need to do is setup an account in the Cayman Islands with an minimal deposit of $10,000....
=======================================================================

BTW, the above note is completely fictional names made up any resemblance to a real person living or dead is co-ink-i-dental.