Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Saturday, November 01, 2008

A Silly Thing to Say

The Democrats from top to bottom in this election cycle have been chanting one line (among others, but I am going to think here about one of those lines) and that is "tax breaks for corporation shipping jobs overseas", that line strikes me as disingenuous to the max. Do corporations really receive tax breaks for shipping jobs overseas? I hardly think so, the triggering statutes and regulations I am quite certain do apply when Joe's job gets transferred to Sunjab Prabakhar. They may apply because now companies engage in less economic activity here

In fact, I am quite certain Democrats want to raise taxes on corporations regardless of where they create or un-create jobs and I can not see that as helping to keep jobs here. Make the taxes more punishing is supposed to help create jobs?