Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Favre sets touchdowns record!

That's Dylan Favre, nephew of Brett the Jet.

Dylan Favre etched his name into the record books by completing 23 of 35 passes for 358 yards and five touchdowns in a 42-27 Rock-A-Chaws win over Poplarville.

A 31-yard, fourth-quarter scoring strike to James Abraham gave Favre 43 TD passes this fall, which set the state's single-season record, surpassing the mark of 42 by North Panola's Clifton Davis III in 1990.
That's right, Brett's nephew is a star quarterback.

He's only 5'10 right now, but he's still a junior, so I guess everybody can hope he puts on a few more inches by the end of next year.

The story goes on to list all of Dylan Favre's superlative attributes as a football player - his athleticism, toughness, intelligence, game-savviness, etc. Comparisons to Brett are frequent and, according to Dylan:

"Expectations," he said, "are high."
And guess what else he's got in common with his uncle!

Many quarterbacks would have been thrilled by the achievement. While Favre, a two-year starter, was happy, his focus last week was not on the record but on an opening-round playoff game against Brookhaven.

"You know," the easy-going Favre said in his Southern drawl, "I haven't really thought about it that much. I told my dad the other day I'm not as excited about it as I thought I'd be."

..."Be humble and work hard ... my dad and uncle are always on me about that," Favre said.
Word is several major universities are interested in him. We'll see how long he strings them along before we go along with all these comparisons.