Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Saturday, October 11, 2008

McCain needs a new strategy

I wrote Thursday about what I think McCain has to do to turn this election around.

Not that anybody should listen to me, necessarily, but pundits have to punditize. Thus, onward.

Anyway, a couple quotes from two of my favorite blogger/writers seem to support my case. First, Ann Althouse:

McCain has lost definition.
Pro-McCain crowds seem to want him to work harder on defining Obama, but the problem I see - and, I believe, that Althouse sees - is that he himself is no longer defined.

Also, Peggy Noonan:

Here is a warning for Republicans: When your crowds go from "I love you" to "I hate the other guy," you are in trouble, you are on a losing strain. Winning campaigns are built on love. This is the time for "McCain is the answer," not "The other guy is questionable."
McCain should tell his story some more.