Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, October 13, 2008

Great Minds Think Alike

Not to toot my own horn too much, but Robert Stacy McCain is echoing something I said the other week.

He writes:

It's like 1996 all over again. There was never any possibility that a majority of Americans were going to vote for Bob Dole. He was simply a bad candidate. He lacked charisma and his record was not conservative. (Newt Gingrich famously called Dole "the tax collector for the welfare state.") Yet conservatives had got the idea into their head that Bill Clinton was so vastly unpopular, such a transparently evil man, that any Republican could beat him.
Emphasis added.

I'm not sure that I'm right. I simply remember us all going bonkers that America was voting for Clinton when it was so obvious that he was a slimeball. I see the same thing happening now.