Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sunday, September 07, 2008

One more bunch of pictures

Can you stand just a couple more post on the convention? I've got a bunch of pictures I meant to post but never got around to.

Bipartisan segues:




This guy was handing out copies of the Onion outside the convention hall:


I never did get over to see this church:


This is Ben Masel, the guy who used to organize Weed Fest near Baraboo. Ran into him on Tuesday.


He was standing outside one of the exits Tuesday, yelling "funeral's over, time to bring out the food!" Yeah, I don't get it, either. He told me this story about his time at the DNC in Denver:



He finished up, saying: "You're messing with my cash flow!"

The convention floor:


This shot I took from the 22nd floor of the Crown Royale Hotel, where the blogger brunches were held:


This was in front of another hotel:


Floor shot from behind the Wisconsin delegation:


Henry Kissinger!


That's George Engelbach, "Abraham Lincoln Enthusiast," from Missouri. I'd met him earlier in the convention and taken some pictures, but they turned out too dark.


Texans were a big attraction on the floor.


The only Code Pinkster who was taller than me.


I swear to God it was this big.


Okay, so I was walking around with a couple of friends - Linda Hansen, from Prairie du Chein, and Doug Haag, from Milwaukee - and suddenly Linda reaches forward and grabs somebody's shoulder. Turns out it was Rich Galen, a former press secretary for Newt Gingrich and Dan Quayle, current in-demand pundit. Also one of my favorite writers. He's the one in the glasses:


Hot Air's Ed Morrissey, at Babani's restaurant:

Labels: