Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Doyle begins his 07 meddling in your life

I see the Governor and all those people who know how to run our lives better than we do are fixing to interfere with your life because well "they know whats best" right

Gov wants to raise the taxes on a pack of smokes by as much as a 1.25
oh and well he and the health nanny Nazi types are at it they will tell you smokers where you can smoke a legal taxed product.

My first question is why stop at a dollar twenty five? If the real purpose of this tax is to stop people from smoking why not raise the tax by 3.50 or 5 dollars a pack. Hmmm maybe this is the typical anti smoking full of bullshat hypocritical cash grab.

Once again if Governor Doyle and the Health Nazi's were serious about this they would propose outlawing the sale of tobacco in the State of Wisconsin. But we know that wont happen they would never give the tobacco tax money.

"Maureen Busalacchi, executive director of SmokeFree Wisconsin, said smoking rates among teens and pregnant women would plummet if the tax were raised by $1 per pack or more."

Bullshat they trot out this same tired excuse every time they want to raise the tax.

I used to smoke a lot like a fraking chimney 3 plus packs a day as most of you know I really really liked it. Do you think a dollar a pack increase would have stopped me hell no. You know how I know this I have been through it when I left the Navy had to start paying Wisconsin state taxes when I bought my smokes the leap was almost that great and it didn't slow me down one bit. I found the money to smoke and so will todays smokers

So this is nothing more than a bunch of do gooders who think they know how to live our lives better than we do.

Once again State Government cannot resist meddling in our lives. Be it Tobacco taxes or booster seats or seat belts they just cant stop meddling.

Don't forget there will be GOP types who will flock to Doyle and the Health Nazi's banner on this they will say its for the Children and the smokers who obviously cannot help themselves .

Hypocrites two faced bullshat artists

If you really believe that smoking is that bad for us(and it is) Daddy Dole stop collecting the tax money, outlaw the sale. Then you would show us you are serious about helping people stop smoking.

We know that wont happen its all about the money, it always is.

I know I am over using this but it is so true when it comes to state and local government in Wisconsin

"People don’t like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don’t run, don’t walk. We’re in their homes and in their heads and we haven’t the right. We’re meddlesome"

Regards,
Chris CP with swear words over at SH2