Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, January 22, 2007

"View from today" doesn't look promising for Republicans

A lot of people on the right side of the political spectrum, myself included, have made a hobby guessing at what lead to the big losses of last November. There have been some good guesses out there, but I think most have been oversimplified. If you want to see the mindset of the disaffected or worn out 2004 Republican voter, then I suggest you head over to this post at Darn Floor. Drew was a founding member of the BBA, but he took a long hiatus from the blogosphere. He's been dabbling at blogging again, and I think the post I reference above might actually be one of his best because it is very revealing. I'd be willing to wager (that's me guessing again) that there are a lot of '04 Republican voters that are currently in the same boat as he is, and if that's the case then '08 could be ugly for Republicans again. And there are no simple answers for winning them back.