Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

State Fair Meet & Greet Aug. 5

The BBA invasion of State Fair will this Saturday Aug. 5 starting at the microbrew tent. I'll be there at 12:30 and will stay until 2:30-3:00 at the latest. This date and time are finalized, signed, sealed, and delivered. Only a Jim Doyle-size contribution will get me to change it. (I'm waiting, Potawatomi tribe.) However, if you ask me nicely I might show up on Aug. 12 because I might want a second day at the fair to see the exhibits.

To recap:

The invasion will simply be a meet-and-greet at the microbrew tent. We'll drink some of Wisconsin's finest malt beverages while putting faces to weblogs. Just stop by to say, "hi" or challenge one of us to a deep, philosophical debate on what pajamas work best for weblogging. As an incentive for webloggers and readers to show up I'll be giving away a prize for the most "interesting" food on a stick brought to the gathering. Don't worry, it won't be a cream puff.

There is also reports of wireless net access in the tent. However, I will mock those who bring a computer--unless it's one of those cool MacBooks. Cameras are more than welcome