Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, July 31, 2006

Hey, Madison!

If our elected representatives are reading, I think I've come up with two important pieces of legistation today.

First, on the heels on the Chicago "big box mart" fiasco, this state should take action to protect the citizens from any city (ahem... Milwaukee... Madison...) that might try to emulate the windy city. Milwaukee, especially, needs to ride out its bad economic policy before it tries to shoot itself in the foot again. From the state level, there ought to be a way to keep municipalities from adjusting the minimum wage of one business over another, especially if they are similar businesses!


My second idea was inspired by my lawn mower, which is brand new this year and has been used maybe five times because I'm really lazy. This is the second time I've had difficulty starting my brand new lawnmower, and I suspect that it's partially because my two-month-old gas is all jellified. I would really like to see non-additive straight gas at the pump for small engines. There's no reason to be dumping reformulated gasoline into lawnmowers, snow plows, and weed trimmers. There's probably also no big difference if you use straight gas in a motorcycle. All of these devices use very little gasoline anyway, and they seem most effected by the custom blend in this region.

If we can buy "race gas" here in West Allis, I think we ought to also be able to find "appliance gas." I know that I'm already planning to ditch my lawnmower for an electric model. I don't need the horsepower for my postage stamp lot. And, the state doesn't need my additional gas tax money if they can't provide me with quality service.

Hey, wouldn't it also be great to see the price of "normal gas" right up on the sign next to the reformulated junk?