Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Media bias in Baraboo?

Maybe not. Maybe just a vast general ignorance about conservatives and conservatism.

Over the past few months, I've actually defended my hometown newspaper against accusations of liberal bias. I just didn't see it.

Now, I'm not so sure. Now that they've published what I consider an arrogant, ignorant, wannabe-liberal Democrat-lapdog editorial (not online, but reproduced here) about embryonic stem cell research, and about the objections and concerns many of us raise about that research.

Here's an excerpt:

While George W. Bush has made some missteps in his presidency, last week may have been his biggest when he used his first presidential veto to block funding for stem cell research.
Did you spot the inaccuracies? Now, see if you can find the Edwardsian hyperbole and the barely-suppressed disgust with Christian morality in this one:

We wonder why the president has apparently ignored the most pragmatic and promising science in favor of arbitrary deadlines and sentimentality.
It was crying for a fisking, so I obliged.

And, since that didn't cure me of it, I wrote a column.