Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

One month until the BBA Spring Fling

One month from today will be the first Annual BBA Spring Fling. June 3rd at Nagawaukee Park in Wonderful Waukesha County.

The Get together is at picnic Site #3 with lots of parking and a nice covered pavilion and two big grills. There is a $5 per CAR fee so car pool if you can. The BBA will provide the site and Hot coals to burn your meat or Tofu over. We have a "Beer Permit" so you can bring Beer and Wine Coolers no wine or "hard" stuff.

This is a Bring your own stuff picnic, so I will guaranteed that you will like the food ;)

Ok now that I am done with the Admin stuff let me give you the idea behind the Spring Fling. This is a meet and greet. This is NOT a conservative blogger get together it is a BLOGGER get together. It is also not a political event just a plain and simple chance to meet each other.

I would hope everyone would come and follow the "Highlander" rule, the Park will considered Holy Ground, no fighting over politics at this. I really hope a large amount of Liberal bloggers come to this I think it would be good for both sides to sit down and just have a beer or two or 10 together. There is a sand volley ball court so if someone remembers to bring a ball we can have a game or two.

This is also a Family event please bring the kids. Here is a chance to prove to any nonblogging spouses that your not the only one doing this blog thing. ;)

My hope as the BBA social director is that at this event bloggers will actually get a chance to "meet" their fellow bloggers in a neutral site. The Blog Summit was very good but since it was held as a planned seminar there wasn't a lot of time to mingle. There is no need to RSVP but if you want to let us know your coming email me at gbfan001-@-gmail.com it would help make sure we have enough picnic tables.

So make your plans and come on out for a good time on June 3rd. For any outstate blogger who would like to come an make a weekend of it the Brewers are in town that weekend(I know I will have to leave the party to go to the game that night).

I hope to see you all at the park on June 3rd

Regards,
Chris

Oh I would also like my fellow BBA members to please post reminders on thier home blogs I really want to get a lot people to this

UPDATE: Wendy brought up a good point in the comments this is for everyone Posters, fellow bloggers and readers you dont have to be a blogger to attend you just need a pulse and the ablitiy to get to the park ;)