Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Bad Campaign Move

Owen has a post up regarding AG candidate Paul Bucher campaign's response to a minor political technicality that he pointed out. Because he did, Bucher has now "pulled out" of a scheduled tentative panel on the race.

Not any more. Y’all won’t get to see this debate because R. J. Johnson declined to have his client attend citing my lack of “neutrality” - despite the fact that my biases have always been disclosed and all I would have been doing in the debate is running the clock. It doesn’t hurt me at all, but it doesn’t do much for Johnson’s client. I already have a forum in which to debate the issues. Not very many people are going to be paying attention to the AG race. Nobody ever does. This debate would have been an opportunity for both Bucher and Van Hollen to debate in front of likely Republican primary voters.
When I read this, it reminded me of the little spat Terri McCormick, candidate for the 8th CD tried to have with him a few months back.

Given what happened with McCormick, I'm wondering what Bucher's camp is thinking. Clearly, this does not bode well for the organization of their campaign, as it seems as though the smallest criticism (although it was hardly that) led to them flying off the handle and going on the attack mode.

Is this really the image they want out there? Especially directed towards an undecided voter?