Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Once again MJS misses a good story

As far as I can tell the MJS hasn't covered this story about a Milwaukee Marine.

Sgt. John T. Matter, a 26-year-old squad leader from Milwaukee, Wis., survived a blast from an improvised explosive device and two separate gunshot wounds to run a wounded Marine to safety and lead his Marines out of the kill zone here Dec. 12.

I did multiple searches in the MJS archives to see if they had carried this story as far as I can tell there are no stories about Sgt Matters in the MJS. If someone can point me to a story By them on this I will gladly remove this.

Until then why haven't we heard about Sgt Matters from the local paper. I mean look at the story he is a hero is from Milwaukee what more do you need for a great feel good story. I am just asking.

Its great to know Wisconsin is still producing young men and women like Sgt Matters and we once again must remember to tip our hats to the "kids" out on the pointy end of the spear.

ht to Blackfive for the original link to this story.

a version of this is also posted at SH2

Regards,
Chris