Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me Happy Birthday To Me....

Tomorrow mark's Blogger Beer's first birthday! YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Blogger Beer was born on President Bush Re-election day in Appleton Wisconsin.

First Can of Blogger Beer.


Greetings,

Welcome to Blogger Beer! I am going to comment on events local to the Fox Valley of Wisconsin and yes statewide and national events as well. I hope though, to give things a local twist.

What things in particular will you find here? Conservative politics, comments about the NEW Bayanihan project (see http://www.newbayanihan.org/), life in the Fox Valley and whatever I feel like at the moment.

Enjoy your fresh-brewed Blogger Beer!

First Can of Blogger Beer.

It has been an interesting experience and one I really enjoy. I have always had a knack for online debating and discussion (via Usenet after I got on the Internet and something called the Majornet before that).

Initially I had hoped to focus on local events and politics but that really doesn't grip me that much. I enjoy the larger issues and have a hard time getting worked up about whether the TIC (Teacher's Industrial Complex) needs more members or not (don't get me wrong I oppose it, I just don't get worked up enough to write about it and do the reading needed to participate in a rough and tumble discussion on it).

In terms of growth the blog went from a couple of visits/day to an average of about 77/day for the past week (it dropped from about 144/day or as my deluge from last Monday rolled off the current week chart) and I get comments more frequently than last year. Links went from only a couple to the upper 40s lower 50s, admittedly many of them are from the GOP Blogs blogroll. However, I do have some nice links and the biggest blog that permanently links to Blogger Beer is the Jawa Report.

I want to thank all here who have given me encouragement in this endeavor. I want to thank Kevin Binversie for his blog (his was the first WI blog I read regularly) as it was there I saw that "get your own blog" link and clicked on it. I want to thank Jib for allowing me to Blog here.

At Blogger Beer I hope to choose a best of Blogger Beer with links and descriptions to favorite blogs from each of the last twelve months. However, it will be later on as I must travel to a far flung and desolate corner of my empire tomorrow (a daily thing until Mid December).

Thanks To All Again!